House Bar Emmon
|House Bar Emmon of Sharp Point|
|Coat of arms||Rustrily argent and white, a swordfish haurient azure|
|Lord||Duram Bar Emmon|
|Title||Lord of Sharp Point|
|Overlord||House Baratheon of King's Landing|
House Bar Emmon of Sharp Point is a noble house sworn Dragonstone.
Their blazon is a leaping blue swordfish on fretty silver on white. Their motto does not appear in the texts.
The Bar Emmon House at the end of the third century
The only known Bar Emmon during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire is:
- Lord Duram Bar Emmon, Lord of Sharp Point. A fat and feeble boy.
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Stannis Baratheon complains that the lords sworn to Dragonstone, including Bar Emmon, are a poor crop.
- House Bar Emmon's contribution to Stannis' fleet is the Swordfish.
- Davos Seaworth sees Duram turning a splotchy grey during the burning of the sept of Dragonstone.
- Sharp Point sits on the end of Massey's Hook
- Bar Emmon banners are seen in Castle Black after Stannis's arrival.
References and Notes
- Citadel. Heraldry: In the area of the King's Landing