|House Blackmont of Blackmont|
|Coat of arms||
A black vulture with a pink infant in its claws, on yellow|
(Or, a vulture volant sable clutching an infant carnation)
|Head||Lady Larra Blackmont|
|Founded||Before 700 BC|
House Blackmont of Blackmont is a major Dornish noble house. Their seat, Blackmont, is on the banks of the Torentine in the Red Mountains of Dorne.
Their blazon is a black vulture with a pink infant in its claws on yellow. Their words do not appear in the books.
The Blackmonts have long fought against the marcher lords of the Dornish Marches to the north.
King Benedict Blackmont was defeated in Nymeria's War and was one of the six kings sent to the Wall by Nymeria. The Blackmonts also unsuccessfully supported House Yronwood against House Nymeros Martell during the war.
According to a semi-canon source, one of the Vulture Kings may have been a Blackmont.
A Storm of Swords
Lady Larra Blackmont, her daughter Jynessa, and her son Perros are among the Dornish nobles that accompany Oberyn Martell to King's Landing.
A Feast for Crows
Lady Blackmont's offspring are among the favorite children hosted by Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne, at the Water Gardens.
House Blackmont at the end of the third century
The known Blackmonts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lady Larra Blackmont, Lady of Blackmont.
- Jynessa Blackmont, her daughter. Heir to Blackmont.
- Perros Blackmont, her son. A squire.
- her younger children, among the favorite children hosted by Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne, at the Water Gardens.
- King Benedict Blackmont, last king of House Blackmont.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Coming of the Rhoynar.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Blackmont.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Queer Customs of the South.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Coming of the Rhoynar.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ So Spake Martin: US Signing Tour (Madison, WI), November 14, 2005
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 2, The Captain Of Guards.