|Words||Though All Men Do Despise Us|
The Codds are not a well-regarded house among the Ironborn. Descended from thralls and salt wives, their men are thought to be thieves and cowards, and their women "wantons" (sluts) who practice incest with their own fathers and brothers.
The Codd House at the end of the third century
The known Codds during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lucas Codd, called Left-Hand Lucas, is a longship captain and loyal to Euron Greyjoy.
- Eldred Codd, is a warrior and loyal to the Crow's Eye.
- Bloodless Tom Codd captain of Lamentation in the Iron Fleet.
- Dagon Codd one of the many members of House Codd left to defend Moat Cailin when Victarion Greyjoy departed.
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Left-Hand Lucas attached himself to Euron Greyjoy when Euron declared himself King of the Iron Islands.
- The Codds attended the kingsmoot, though they were generally looked upon with disdain by decent men, according to Victarion Greyjoy.
- Eldred Codd played the finger dance with Qarl the Maid and lost during the kingsmoot.
- Lucas is listed as one of Euron's supporters at the kingsmoot.
- Lucas was among those feasting in the hall of Lord Hewett's castle after the Battle of the Shield Islands. He had torn one of the tapestries down from the wall and was wearing it. After the feast he raped one of Lord Hewett's daughters.
References and Notes