From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Coat of arms||
Three grey owls upon white plates, on a green field|
(Vert, three plates, each charged with an owl close affronté cendrée)
House Garner is a noble house from the westerlands. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with three grey owls upon white plates on green. Their words are not known.
House Garner at the end of the third century
The known Garners during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- no member has appeared yet.
- Ser Alyn Garner, attended the tourney at Ashford Meadow in 209 AC.
Behind the Scenes
House Garner may be a reference by George R. R. Martin to Alan Garner, who wrote the novel The Owl Service. Garner's works have been recommended by Martin.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ The Hedge Knight, Graphic Novel.
- ↑ List of characters and arms in The Hedge Knight graphic novel collection
- ↑ Not A Blog: Reading Recommendations, March 13, 2013