|Coat of arms||
Parted into six: red lips strewn on yellow, yellow skulls strewn on black|
(Per fess twice per pale, first, third and fifth, or, semé of lips gules, second, fourth and sixth, sable, semé of skulls of the first)
House Lonmouth is a noble house from the stormlands, sworn to House Baratheon. They blazon their arms parted into six, with red lips strewn on yellow and yellow skulls strewn on black. According to semi-canon sources, their words are "The Choice Is Yours".
Ser Joffrey Lonmouth, a close friend of Ser Laenor Velaryon, was mortally wounded by Ser Criston Cole at the wedding tourney of Laenor and Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. Laenor named Prince Joffrey Velaryon after his late friend.
Ser Richard Lonmouth was a former squire and close personal friend of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen. Lord Robert Baratheon outdrank a member of House Lonmouth, most likely Richard, at the tourney at Harrenhal.
House Lonmouth at the end of the third century
The known Lonmouths during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Richard Lonmouth, called the "Knight of Skulls and Kisses", a companion and former squire of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Stormlands (the source describes the division of the field as "quartered of six", which is erroneous, since "quartered" means "divided into four parts").
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- The Rogue Prince.