From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Coat of arms||
Per bend sinister: a grey cat's face on black, a brown jug on white|
(Per bend sinister, in chief dexter sable, a cat’s head caboshed cendrée, in base sinister argent, a jug brunâtre)
House Lyberr is a noble house from the Reach. According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with a per bend sinister: a grey cat's face on black, a brown jug on white. Their words are not known.
House Lyberr at the end of the third century
The known Lyberrs during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- no member has appeared yet.
Behind the scenes
House Lyberr and its arms are references by George R. R. Martin to author Fritz Leiber, who coined the phrase sword and sorcery and created Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser. Martin is a fan of Leiber's works, and he regrets that Leiber passed away before the publication of the Legends anthologies.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ Not A Blog: A Sense of Wonder, April 10, 2017
- ↑ So Spake Martin: King's Landing 10 Questions, September 22, 2000
- ↑ So Spake Martin: Authors Worthy of Legends, November 11, 1998