From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Piper of Pinkmaiden|
|Coat of arms||A pink dancing maiden in a swirl of white silk, over blue|
|Words||Brave and Beautiful|
The Piper House at the end of the third century
The known Pipers during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Clement Piper, Lord of Pinkmaiden Castle.
With unknown familiar relation to the head of the house:
- An unnamed Lady of House Piper was the third wife of Quellon Greyjoy. They had one son, Robin Greyjoy. When her stepson, Urrigon Greyjoy, lost half his hand during the finger dance, she had her maester try to sew back the missing fingers, instead of sealing the wound with fire and seawater. The wound got infected and Urrigon died. She later died in childbirth. She was big-breasted, with brown eyes.
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Among the gathered knights at the Tourney of the Hand was one with the arms of House Piper.
- Edmure Tully commanded Lord Vance and Lord Clement Piper to guard the pass below the Golden Tooth when the Lannisters start to mass troops there.
- Ser Marq Piper went to King's Landing with Ser Karyl Vance and Ser Raymun Darry to report to the King the attacks of Ser Gregor Clegane on undefended holdfasts in the Riverlands. They and the survivors of Sherrer give witness before the Hand.
- The Lannister troops at the Golden Tooth descended on the Riverlands, slaying Lord Vance and forcing Lord Piper to flee.
- Ser Gregor burned out the Pipers during his raiding of the Riverlands.
- Ser Marq Piper, accompanied by Karyl Vance and no more than fifty men, raided the supply trains to the Lannister army in the Riverlands.
- The Piper dancing maiden was spotted by Catelyn Tully in a camp north of the Tumblestone upon her return from the south.
- Lord Piper's bailiff hanged Jack-Be-Lucky's father.
- Ser Marq Piper was captured by the Freys at the Red Wedding.
- Lord Piper sent a troop of men to King's Landing to bend the knee after the Red Wedding. They spread the news south of what had happened at the Twins.
- Sandor Clegane and Arya Stark encountered another survivor of the Red Wedding, a bowman in service to Ser Marq. He had celebrated with a Bolton man who attacked him when the time came to begin the Red Wedding. He escaped but was severely injured. Sandor put him out of his misery.
- Lewys Piper is named one of Ser Jaime Lannister's squires on the ride north to Riverrun.
- Daven Lannister once beat the elder brother of Lewys in a melee.
- Ser Jaime Lannister spotted the banner of House Piper among those of the Riverlords who had bent the knee and now aided House Lannister in the Siege of Riverrun.
- Lord Clement sits on the war council of the forces besieging Riverrun.
References and Notes