|House Santagar of Spottswood|
|Coat of arms||a spotted leopard with a golden axe, over a per bend sinister blue and white field|
|Head||Ser Symon Santagar|
|Title||the Knight of Spottswood|
Neither their arms or their motto appear in the books. In a semi-canon source they blazon their arms with a spotted leopard with a golden axe, over a per bend sinister blue and white field.
The Santagar House at the end of the third century
The known Santagars during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
Without specified familiar relationship with the main branch, other Santagars include:
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- House Santagar is among the principal houses sworn to Sunspear.
- Ser Rodrik Cassel asked Ser Aron Santagar about the knife used in the murder attempt on Bran. He was considered by Rodrik a vain man, but honest.
- Ser Aron Santagar rode at the Tourney of the Hand. After tilting thrice without result against Lothor Brune, fell to Lord Jason Mallister.
- Ser Aron Santagar was escorting the royal retinue that was attacked by the smallfolk of King's Landing after the sendoff of Myrcella to Dorne. The angry mob pulled him from his saddle and bashed his head with a stone. After the riot, his body was barely recognizable.
- Sylva Santagar is one of Princess Arianne's friends. She joined in Arianne's conspiracy to crown Princess Myrcella Baratheon and was caught with the other conspirators. She received no punishment from Prince Doran Martell but Lady Sylva's father sent her away to marry the very old Lord Eldon Estermont.
- Arianne believes that House Santagar does not have the power to intimidate Prince Doran Martell.
References and Notes