|House Sarsfield of Sarsfield|
|Coat of arms||
A green arrow on a white bend, on a green field|
(Vert, on a bend argent an arrow of the field, point to dexter chief)
|Founded||Coming of the Andals|
House Sarsfield of Sarsfield is a noble house from Sarsfield in the westerlands. It blazons its shield with a green arrow on a white bend on green. According to semi-canon sources, their motto is "True to the Mark".
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Brienne and her companions see the corpses of the perpetrators of the raid on Saltpans hanged from trees. Among the dead are men with arrows badges sewn on their breasts, presumably Norridge or Sarsfield men-at-arms who became broken men during the War of the Five Kings.
House Sarsfield at the end of the third century
The known Sarsfields during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house there is also:
Behind the Scenes
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 74, Arya XIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 37, Brienne VII.
- The Citadel: Are there any nods to other works in the series?