|House Serrett of Silverhill|
I Have No Rival
|Coat of arms||
A peacock in his pride, on a cream field|
(Carnation, a peacock in his pride proper)
House Serrett of Silverhill is a noble house from Silverhill in the Westerlands. It is one of the principal houses sworn to House Lannister of Casterly Rock.
They blazon their arms with a peacock in his pride on cream. Their words according to semi-canon sources are "I Have No Rival".
House Serrett was formed by the union of First Men and Andal nobles during the Andal invasion.
The mother of Ser Harras Harlaw was a Serrett.
A Game of Thrones
Tyrion Lannister sees Lord Serrett and his retainers in the center of the Lannister army at the battle on the Green Fork, riding alongside Ser Kevan Lannister. When Lord Tywin Lannister named his son Tyrion as Acting Hand of the King, Tyrion mentions Lord Serrett as an alternative over himself.
A Clash of Kings
The colors of House Serrett are seen by Arya Stark leaving Harrenhal with Tywin's army.
A Feast for Crows
The Serrett peacock is worn by the serjeant at the gates of Maidenpool encountered by Brienne of Tarth.
House Serrett at the end of the third century
The known Serretts during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Serrett, present at the battle on the Green Fork.
- The mother of Ser Harras Harlaw.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ The Citadel. House Mottoes
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.