|House Strong of Harrenhal|
|Coat of arms||A tripartite pale blue, red, and green on white|
|Died out||Before 196 AL|
House Strong of Harrenhal was a noble house in the Riverlands. Their seat was Harrenhal. Like the other families who have been in possession of Harrenhal, their family died out. According to semi-canon sources they blazoned their arms with a tripartite pale blue, red, and green on white.
- see also Harrenhal
Harrenhal has been in the possession of a number of noble families. The first after Aegon's Landing were House Qoherys, the last House Whent. In the books there is no order stated, only that the Lothstons and the Whents were the last two. House Strong then must have been in the possession of the Harrenhal between 1 AL and 196 AL
House Strong at the end of third century
The known Strongs during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Duncan Strong, an exile serving with the Golden Company.
- Denys Strong, an exile serving with the Golden Company.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there is also:
- Lyonel Strong was, according to the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game, the first consort of Rhaenyra Targaryen and served as Hand of the King under Viserys I for a while.
- Larys Strong was the Master of Whisperers and a member of the Small Council during the reign of Viserys I.
References in the books
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Ser Lucamore Strong was a member of the Kingsguard during the reign of Jaehaerys I. He was caught breaking his vows after fathering sixteen children. He was gelded and sent to join the Night's Watch.
- There is a song about Ser Lucamore Strong.
- Petyr Baelish uses the extinction of House Strong as an example of the fate of those who claim to own Harrenhal.
References and Notes