|Coat of arms||Ermines, a weasel argent|
|Head||Lord Steffon Varner|
|Founded||Coming of the Andals|
House Varner is a noble house from the Reach. Its current lord is Steffon Varner.
According to semi-canon sources they blazon their shields with a white weasel on ermines. 
The Varners trace their ancestry back to Andal adventurers given lands and wives by the Three Sage Kings of House Gardener during the coming of the Andals to the Reach.
A Varner was one of thirty-three maidens from the Reach proposed by Samantha Tarly as a suitable wife for King Aegon III Targaryen.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Steffon Varner is part of Renly Baratheon's army camped beneath the walls of Bitterbridge. He goes over to Stannis Baratheon's camp after the death of Renly and is present at the parley between Stannis and Ser Cortnay Penrose at Storm's End.
Steffon fights at the Battle of the Blackwater, severely injures his knee, and is captured. He bends the knee to King Joffrey I Baratheon.
House Varner at the end of the third century
The known Varners during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Steffon Varner, the head of the house.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Andals in the Reach.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: In the Reach
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.