House of Yunzak
The House of Yunzak is one of the noble families of Yunkai.
A Dance with Dragons
Yurkhaz zo Yunzak hires the sellsword company the Windblown during the war against Meereen, signing their contract on behalf of the city of Yunkai.
Yurkhaz is named the Supreme Commander of the Armies and Allies of Yunkai, and is one of the seven commanders who enter Meereen to sign the peace treaty and witness the opening of the fighting pits of Meereen. He dies in the panic that ensues after Drogon's arrival in Daznak's Pit, the greatest fighting pit of Meereen. The Yunkai'i try to use Yurkhaz's death to their advantage and claim that his death is a breach of the peace. The second siege of Meereen is resumed, and command over the Yunkish armies is given over to a new commander every day.
House of Yunzak at the end of the third century
The known members of the House of Yunzak during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Yurkhaz zo Yunzak, the Supreme Commander of the Armies and Allies of Yunkai, an old Yunkish hero
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 60, The Spurned Suitor.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 50, Daenerys VIII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 67, The Kingbreaker.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 25, The Windblown.