|Title||Lord of the Stone Hedge|
|Book||Fire & Blood (mentioned)|
|Played by||Chris David Storer|
|TV series||House of the Dragon: Season 1|
Humfrey Bracken was the Lord of the Stone Hedge and the head of House Bracken during the reign of kings Viserys I and Aegon II Targaryen.
In the television adaptation House of the Dragon, Humfrey is portrayed by Chris David Storer.
Humfrey hosted Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen when she visited the Trident in 112 AC.
House Bracken supported the greens when the Dance of the Dragons began, while House Blackwood declared for the blacks. Humfrey's son, Ser Amos Bracken, and Lord Samwell Blackwood both died during the Battle of the Burning Mill, after which Amos's half-brother, Ser Raylon Rivers, led the Bracken survivors back to Stone Hedge. In the meantime, however, Prince Daemon Targaryen had stormed Stone Hedge and captured Humfrey, his remaining children, his third wife, and his lowborn paramour. Raylon surrendered to Daemon to spare his kin's lives.
When King Aegon II Targaryen began punishing lords after the death of his rival, Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen, Humfrey joined the host of blacks led by Lord Elmo Tully.
- ↑ House of the Dragon names another son as "Jerrel Bracken".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ House of the Dragon, Season 1, "King of the Narrow Sea".
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.