Jaehaerys II Targaryen
Jaehaerys II by Amok©
|Reign||259 AC - 262 AC|
|Full Name||Jaehaerys Targaryen Second of His Name|
King of Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men|
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms
Protector of the Realm
|Died in||262 AC|
|Royal House||House Targaryen|
|Books||A Game of Thrones (Mentioned)|
Jaehaerys was the second son of Aegon V. Like his brothers, he married for love, refusing an arranged marriage. He, however, commanded his son, Aerys, and daughter, Rhaella, to marry each other. A woods witch, brought to court by Jenny of Oldstones, prophesied that the prince that was promised would be born from their line. Their firstborn child, Rhaegar, was born in the year 259 AC, on the same day that the Tragedy at Summerhall took place.
His reign was short but did encompass the War of the Ninepenny Kings. Despite being the least martial of Aegon V's sons, he proved capable of defending realm from the Blackfyre pretender Maelys the Monstrous.
Due to his delicate health, Jaehaerys was considered weak by many, but Ser Barristan Selmy, whom he raised to the Kingsguard, thought differently. Jaehaerys's reign only lasted three years, but he reigned well in those short years.
||This article or section is a stub. You can help "A Wiki Of Ice And Fire" by expanding it and/or improving existing text.|
- Daenerys's thoughts
References and Notes
- Targaryen Kings, (November 1, 2005) So Spake Martin
- So Spake Martin. Archon Meeting (October 5-7) October 05, 2001.
- part of correspondence between Amoka and George R.R. Martin about the Targaryen kings
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 23, Daenerys IV.
- A World of Ice and Fire
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 55, The Queensguard.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 71, Daenerys VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 71, Daenerys VI, p 810.