Lord of Honeyholt
Lord of Honeyholt is a title held by the head of House Beesbury, the ruler of Honeyholt in the Reach.
Lord Lyman Beesbury served as lord treasurer and master of coin for kings Jaehaerys I and Viserys I Targaryen.
After Viserys's death, Lord Lyman pushed for his daughter and designated heir, Princess Rhaenyra, to be crowned as the new queen. The small council led by Queen Alicent Hightower and her party prefered Prince Aegon the Elder instead. Chroniclers disagree of the manner of Lyman's death, but all conquer that he was the first casualties of the Dance of the Dragons.
Lyman's death was kept secret, with most believing he was languishing in a black cell. His grandson and heir, Ser Alan Beesbury, succeeded him as Lord of Honeyholt.
Lord Alan fought for Rhaenyra and her partyduring the war. He was captured during the Battle of the Honeywine.
A Lord Beesbury (possibly Alan) along with Lord Costayne and Lord Redwyne escorted the High Septon to King's Landing for the wedding of King Aegon III Targaryen and Queen Jaehaera Targaryen.
Ben Beesbury, an old and blind Lord of Honeyholt, was once proposed as a match for Prince Arianne Martell.
Known Lords of Honeyholt
- Lord Beesbury, father of Ser Braxton Beesbury.
- Lord Lyman Beesbury
- Lord Alan Beesbury, Lyman's grandson.
- Lord Beesbury ruling in 131 AC.
- Lord Ben Beesbury
- Lord Warryn Beesbury, the current Lord of Honeyholt.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon—A Question of Succession.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Blacks and the Greens.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Bad parameter 1: "Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand" is not a recognized work
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.