Lord of Longbow Hall
Lord of Longbow Hall is a title held by the head of House Hunter, the ruler of Longbow Hall in the Vale of Arryn.
During the Andal invasion, King Robar II Royce formed an alliance of First Men Houses from the Vale to repel the Andals. He gained the Hunters as allies after he bested Lord Hunter at an archery contest. Robar's forces were defeated in the Battle of the Seven Stars, however, and the Hunters submitted to Artys I Arryn, the new King of Mountain and Vale.
Lord Alec Hunter travelled to King's Landing in 49 AC to assist to the wedding of Lord Rogar Baratheon and Lady Alyssa Velaryon.
Lord Eon Hunter was present at the Tourney at Harrenhal in 281 AC.
A Game of Thrones
Despite his old age, Lord Eon offers himself as Lysa Arryn's champion in Tyrion Lannister's trial by combat.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Eon dies suddenly, and his two younger sons, Eustace and Harlan, accuse the elder brother and new Lord Hunter, Gilwood, of having murdered him.
A Feast for Crows
Lord Gilwood is one of the six Lords Declarant who opposes Petyr Baelish's rule over the Vale as Lord Protector of the Vale during Lord Robert Arryn's minority.
Known Lords of Longbow Hall
- Lord Hunter, during the Battle of the Seven Stars.
- Lord Hunter, during the reign of King Roland I Arryn. He was the father of Teora Hunter.
- Lord Alec Hunter
- Lord Eon Hunter
- Lord Gilwood Hunter, the current Lord of Longbow Hall.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides - 49 AC.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 58, Eddard XV.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale: The Eyrie.