Lord of the Marches
Lord of the Marches[N 1] is a title claimed by House Caron of Nightsong, who are marcher lords of the Dornish Marches. Despite the styling, the Carons do not have dominion over the entirety of the marches. Other marcher lords, such as Houses Dondarrion or Tarly, are instead sworn to House Baratheon or House Tyrell. The Carons say they are the oldest of the marcher lords, a claim disputed by House Swann.
Royce Caron, Lord of the Marches, served in the regency of Aegon III.
A Clash of Kings
Bryce Caron, Lord of the Marches, is slain by Ser Philip Foote during the Battle of the Blackwater. Following the battle, the Iron Throne grants the lands and titles of the Carons to Philip, creating House Foote of Nightsong.
A Dance with Dragons
Bryce's half-brother, Ser Rolland Storm, is a pretender Lord of Nightsong.
Known Lords of the Marches
- Lady Ellyn Caron
- Lord Morton Caron
- Lord Royce Caron
- Lord Pearse Caron
- Lord Bryen Caron
- Lord Bryce Caron
- Ser (now Lord) Philip Foote
- ↑ The title was erroneously rendered as Marshal of the Marches in earlier editions of Fire & Blood.
- ↑ The Hedge Knight.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Men of the Stormlands.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.