A Game of Thrones (Appears)|
A Clash of Kings (Mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (Appears)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
A Game of Thrones
After their father's are defeated at the Battle of the Golden Tooth, Ser Marq and Ser Karyl Vance begin launching raids across the Red Fork of the Trident to disrupt the Lannister supply lines, hampering Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun. They continue raids until Robb Stark arrives break the siege at the Battle of the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. Afterward, Ser Marq sits at Robb Stark's war council, where he calls for a march against Casterly Rock, and also for allying with King Renly. 
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Ser Marq was one of the seven nobles who launched Lord Hoster Tully's funeral boat. He is also among the nobles from the Riverlands who accompanies Edmure to his wedding at the Twins. During the Red Wedding he played a drinking game with Danwell Frey.
A Feast for Crows
Ser Marq is held at the Twins after the Red Wedding, to the consternation of his father who believed that he would be returned should Lord Clement bend the knee. He was not, which enraged Lord Clement, who threatened Edwyn Frey at the war council during the Siege of Riverrun.
Ser Marq is young and hot-headed.
References and Notes
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard XI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.