A Game of Thrones (Appears)|
A Clash of Kings (Mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (Appears)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
Appearance & Character
Ser Marq is young and hot-headed.
A Game of Thrones
After their fathers are defeated at the Battle of the Golden Tooth, Ser Marq and Ser Karyl Vance begin launching raids across the Red Fork of the Trident to disrupt the Lannister supply lines, hampering Jaime Lannister's siege of Riverrun.
They continue raids until Robb Stark arrives break the siege at the Battle of the Whispering Wood and the Battle of the Camps. The loss of the House Lannister outriders was thought to be due to Ser Marq, and so it was not realized that the host lead by Robb Stark was approaching Riverrun.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Ser Marq is held at the Twins after the Red Wedding, to the consternation of his father, Lord Clement Piper, who believed that his bending his knee would lead to his son being returned. That did not happen, which enrages Lord Clement, who threatens Edwyn Frey about it at the war council during the Siege of Riverrun.
References and Notes
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard XI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.