|Title||Archmaester of history|
Perestan is one of the archmaesters at the Citadel. He wrote A Consideration of History.
Appearance and Character
Perestan's ring, rod, and mask are made of copper. He has a poor opinion of Archmaester Marwyn.
Perestan highly regards Archmaester Gyldayn's uncompleted work, Fire & Blood, Being a History of the Targaryen Kings of Westeros, which drew Maester Yandel's attention.
Archmaester Perestan claims the world is forty thousand years old.
Because the double-bladed axe was a symbol used by the Andals of old and the modern Norvoshi see the axe as a symbol of power, Perestan proposed that Andals were the first to settle Norvos. The archmaester suggested the bearded priests of Norvos took the emblem from ruins they found as they established the city. He also suggested that the name "Erreg" was a corruption of an Andal title.
Perestan suggested that the ancient Valyrians once reached Oldtown but turned away after an unknown calamity. The archmaester theorized that Lann the Clever inherited Casterly Rock after marrying the daughter of the last Casterly. Regarding the legend of Ser Artys Arryn riding a huge falcon, Perestan suggests the storytellers were inspired by dragonriders.
A Feast for Crows
Perestan teaches history at the Citadel.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons.
- ↑ When did they update ? (February 3, 2020)
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Norvos.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale: House Arryn.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 45, Samwell V.