Port of Ibben
The Port of Ibben is the main city on Ib and is the largest city of Ibben. It is located on the southern coast of Ib.
The grey, gloomy Port of Ibben has cobbled alleys, steep hills, and teeming docks and shipyards. The city is lit by whale-oil lamps suspended on iron chains. Its main structure is the ruins of the God-King's castle. Beyond the Port of Ibben, foreigners are only allowed with an Ibbenese host.
The Port of Ibben has ruled over Ib and the lesser isles since the Dawn Age.
The ironborn raiders of the Iron Islands have sailed as far as the Port of Ibben.
A Game of Thrones
At Illyrio's manse in Pentos, Daenerys Targaryen sees hairy men from the Port of Ibben. Catelyn Stark and Ser Rodrik Cassel see a fat-bellied whaler with a hull blackened from tar which came from the Ibbenese port once they arrive at King's Landing.
When Lord Eddard Stark confronts Queen Cersei Lannister about the parentage of King Robert I Baratheon's children, Ned suggests that the queen exile herself to the Summer Isles or the Port of Ibben.
A Feast for Crows
Arya Stark sells oysters on the decks of ships from the Port of Ibben at the Ragman's Harbor in Braavos.
References and Notes
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: Ib.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 3, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 18, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 45, Eddard XII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 34, Cat Of The Canals.