|Castle, Regional Capital|
Riverrun by Feliche©
|Government||House Tully , Feudal Lord.|
|Religion||Faith of the Seven|
Riverrun is a castle, the ancestral seat of House Tully, held by House Tully for over a thousand years. It's situated in the Riverlands, at the point where the Tumblestone and Red Fork rivers meet.
Riverrun is a strong three-sided castle, although not especially large. The castle is bordered on two sides by rivers, and on the west a third side fronts on a massive manmade ditch, in time of danger threatens sluice gates can be opened to fill a wide moat and leave the castle surrounded on all three sides by water, turning Riverrun into an island, leave it practically unassailable.
The castle has sandstone walls which rise sheer from the water, it's the battlements are crenelated and has arrow loops, The towers command the opposite shores. Inside located a the keep.Properly garrisoned, Riverrun can hold supplies for men and horses for as long as two years, a garrison of two hundred men is larger than Riverrun requires in most circumstances.
- The Keep, The inner keep is triangular, like Riverrun itself, and the lord's solar is triangular as well with a stone balcony jutting eastwards. The solar can be reached by a spiral stairway.
- The Great Hall, It's where the Large councils are held and the high seat of the Tullys sits. There is a private audience chamber above the Great Hall with a high seat for the lord and a bell to ring for servants.
- Dungeons , The dungeons of Riverrun are windowless, It's doors are heavy and made of wood and iron.
- Wheel Tower, The Wheel Tower, has a great waterwheel within it, which is turned by the Tumblestone whose waters go through it. It has Ivy climbs along side it, below it one makes a wide turn and ends up in churning waters. Eventually one can reach the Water Gate.
- Water Gate, The Water Gate has a wide arch and a heavy iron portcullis, red with rust in its lower half. It is named so for being half in the water. One must use a boat to go through it. Many boats are tied up within the 'Water Gate', secured to iron rings in the walls and the 'water stair' leads from the lower bailey up to the Castle.
- Godswood, The godswood is a bright and airy garden, with redwoods, flowers, nesting birds, and streams. Like all Southern godswoods, its weirwood was cut down over a thousand years ago.
- Sept, The sept at Riverrun is a seven-sided sandstone building. It was built by Hoster Tully and set amidst the gardens that Minisa Whent, his wife cherished. Inside the images of the Seven Holies are painted on marble.
During the War of the Five Kings, Riverrun was besieged by a Lannister host commanded by Jaime Lannister, it was relived in the Battle of the Camps by a Stark force commanded by Robb Stark. Following which it was the place of Robb Stark elevation to King in the North. The River Lords, of the Trident, sworn to Riverrun, who had never been part of the old Northern Kingdom, also proclaimed their support for King Robb.
Following the death of King Robb Stark, Brynden Tully continued to hold Riverrun against a renewed Lannister siege, until Jaime Lannister negotiated the castle's surrender.