Starpike is the seat of House Peake in the Reach. The castle may be located in the Dornish Marches.[N 1]
The Peakes of Starpike have an older lineage than that of House Tyrell, claiming descent from Florys the Fox.
Starpike is the last castle that remains of the three once held by House Peake, as Dunstonbury and Whitegrove were stripped after the First Blackfyre Rebellion because of Lord Gormon Peake's support for Daemon I Blackfyre.
According to a semi-canon source, King Maekar I Targaryen's helm was crushed by a rock from the battlements of Starpike during the Peake Uprising. Lord Robert Reyne and Ser Tywald Lannister were also killed in the Storming of Starpike.
Behind the Scenes
Starpike is a reference by George R. R. Martin to Steerpike, a character in the Gormenghast series by Mervyn Peake.
- ↑ The published version of The World of Ice & Fire states Maekar was killed on the Dornish Marches, and the unabridged version of its "The Westerlands" chapter states Maekar was slain at Starpike.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: House Tyrell.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Garth Greenhand.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Mystery Knight.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire: The Westerlands (unabridged). georgerrmartin.com