|Died||In 129 AC, Dragonstone|
|Played by||Anthony Flanagan|
|TV series||House of the Dragon: Season 1|
Ser Steffon Darklyn was a knight from House Darklyn and a member of the Kingsguard, one of the seven Darklyns to serve the order. He was the uncle of Gunthor Darklyn, the Lord of Duskendale. Ser Harrold Darke, a distant kinsman of the Darklyns, was once his squire.
Ser Steffon was a member of the Kingsguard during the reign of King Viserys I Targaryen. When the Dance of the Dragons begun, he escaped King's Landing and joined Rhaenyra Targaryen on Dragonstone when her half-brother, Aegon II Targaryen, usurped the Iron Throne. Fleeing in the night, Steffon arrived at Dragonstone with his squire, two stewards, four guardsmen, and Viserys' crown, allowing for Rhaenyra's coronation.
He served as the first Lord Commander of Rhaenyra's Queensguard. When Prince Jacaerys Velaryon called for dragonriders, Steffon made an attempt to mount Seasmoke during the Sowing, but he was burned to death by the dragon. He was succeeded as Lord Commander by Ser Lorent Marbrand.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Red Dragon and the Gold.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Overthrown.
- WarnerMedia Pressroom: House of the Dragon | Character Descriptions
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Blacks and the Greens.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.