Symon Silver Tongue
|Alias||Symon Silver Tongue|
|Died||In 299 AL, at King's Landing|
|Book(s)||A Clash of Kings|
Symon, better known as Symon Silver Tongue, was a singer.
Later he tried to blackmail Tyrion. If Tyrion would not find a way to let him participate in the tournament of singers (that would be held at Joffrey's wedding feast) Symon would tell Cersei Lannister and Tywin Lannister of Shae. He even made a song of it:
- He rode through the streets of the city, down from his hill on high,
- O'er the wynds and the steps and the cobbles, he rode to a woman's sigh.
- For she was his secret treasure, she was his shame and his bliss.
- And a chain and a keep are nothing, compared to a woman's kiss
- For hands of gold are always cold, but a woman's hands are warm...
Tyrion told him him he would arrange it and Bronn would contact him. He then gave instructions to Bronn to make Symon disappear so that he would never be found. Bronn then mentioned a pot shop in Flea Bottom that makes "a savory bowl of brown" with "all kinds of meat in it".