A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (appears)
|Played by||Will O'Connell|
|TV series||Season 1 | Season 3 | Season 5|
Toad is a short, ugly boy with an unpleasant voice. He has pig eyes, small and shiny.
Todder's father owned a winesink, where the boy learned bawdy drinking songs.
A Game of Thrones
Toad is in the same class of recruits as Jon Snow. Fed up with being beaten daily during sword practice, he is among the recruits who confront Jon after practice. The fight is put to an end by Donal Noye. Jon tells Todder and other recruits to stop bullying Samwell Tarly.
When Gueren is reported to be coming up the kingsroad with new recruits, Toad is among those chosen to become black brothers, and he is named to the rangers. He is eager to see Longclaw when Jon receives the Valyrian steel sword from Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Toad is among the group of friends who stop Jon from abandoning the Night's Watch and forswearing himself.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Dance with Dragons
Toad is one of the friends present in the new common hall who try to invite Lord Commander Snow to sit with them, to no avail. He complains about Melisandre's preaching about R'hllor. Jon decides to separate his friends and transfers Toad west to the Shadow Tower.
Quotes by Todder
—Todder to Jon Snow
Quotes about Todder
References and Notes
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 19, Jon III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 26, Jon IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 26, Jon III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 41, Jon V.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 60, Jon VIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 70, Jon IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 6, Jon I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 46, Samwell III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 79, Jon XII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 10, Jon III.