|Title||Captain of the guard|
|Born||In 249–253 AC|
|Died||In 298 AC, King's Landing|
|Played by||Phil Dixon|
|TV series||Season 1|
Appearance and Character
Tom is affable, loyal, tireless, and capable in a limited way.
When Mance Rayder visited Winterfell with Lord Commander Qorgyle, Robb Stark and Jon Snow dropped a mountain of snow on Tomard from a gate. Tom chased the youths around until all three were red-faced.
A Game of Thrones
Tomard accompanies Lord Eddard Stark's retinue to the trial and execution of Gared, a deserter from the Night's Watch. He and Desmond drag the man to an ironwood stump, where he is beheaded by Eddard with his Valyrian steel greatsword Ice.
When Yoren a wandering crow, comes to inform Eddard at the Tower of the Hand about Lady Catelyn Stark taking Tyrion Lannister prisoner at the inn at the crossroads, Arya Stark is commanded out of the room by her lord father. Arya wishes it was Fat Tom instead of Desmond who was escorting her to her chambers as she then might have been able to make an excuse and listen at the door.
When the Wind Witch is to return Sansa and Arya to the north, Ned tasks Tomard with personally delivering a letter to Lord Stannis Baratheon at Dragonstone. Before the ship sets sail, however, Tom is slain by the City Watch of King's Landing in the throne room of the Red Keep when Eddard is arrested.
Fat Tom was always easy to fool.—thoughts of Arya Stark
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 22, Arya II.
- See the Tomard calculation.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 4, Bran I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 45, Eddard XII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran I.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 70, Jon IX.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 24, Bran IV.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 27, Eddard VI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 32, Arya III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 47, Eddard XIII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 49, Eddard XIV.