User talk:Sergio Tavel
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
New coat of arms
Hi, I noticed you have uploaded a number of new coat-of-arms. However I have some comments about them:
- The new coa are copyright. This usually means that wiki users are not allowed to change them. We prefer coa with a licence that they are allowed to be changed by evverybody.
- It is customary to upload new coa version under the existing image. That way it is easier to process a change (a new version will result in the new version to be displayed without anybody having to go through all pages where it is used). The other argument for it is that it is easier to view all version together.
- There has been a lot of discussion about the required shape of the coa. See here. As you may notice I was one of the guys who argued that the shape does not matter that much. As others did not agree the outcome was that we left the existing in place. Your change effects that so I think it would be good to join the discussion.
Cheers, Scafloc 09:28, 8 July 2012 (UTC)
- I'm reverting all the coat of arms uploaded by this user, because they are copyright and it does not have conformance with AWOIAF's coat of arm standard. Richard_ba 03:21, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
- If you feel we should use different coa's then please join the discussion on our board. Your changes were challenged so you cannot keep on changing them without argumenting why the changes should be made. Scafloc 23:56, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
- Scafloc, it seems that someone deleted the undone actions I've taken and again resubmited these non standard CoA, could you please revert them? Richard_ba 19:59, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, Sergio. Let's talk about these new Bolton Coats of Arms? Do you have access to the Forums at http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum/29-wiki-of-ice-and-fire/ ? LuisDantas 04:36, 23 July 2012 (UTC)