Hamish the Harper
|Alias||Hamish the Harper|
|Died||In 300 AC, at King's Landing|
|Book(s)|| A Storm of Swords (appears)|
A Feast for Crows (mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords
Hamish is chosen as one of the seven singers to sing at the wedding of King Joffrey Baratheon and Lady Margaery Tyrell. He writes a new song for the wedding, called "Lord Renly's Ride", and sings "A Rose of Gold" to appease the Tyrells.
A Feast for Crows
Hamish plays for Queen Margaery and her entourage once a fortnight. Cersei Lannister has an arrest warrant signed for Hamish as part of her plans to remove Margaery Tyrell. While being arrested, he faints. He is consigned to the dungeons where he continually requests a maester, as he has trouble breathing. Cersei realizes that Hamish is too old to be credible as a lover to Margaery and tells Qyburn to inform Hamish he can have a maester if he falsely confesses to having played for Margaery while she entertained her actual lovers. Qyburn tells Cersei he would help Hamish remember.
A Dance with Dragons
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 32, Tyrion IV.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 60, Tyrion VIII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 54, Cersei I.