Daenerys Targaryen is a member of House Targaryen, the former royal family of the Seven Kingdoms. Her father was King Aerys II, and her mother was his sister-wife Queen, Rhaella. Daenerys was conceived during Robert's Rebellion that that would ultimately end her family's reign. Before she was born, following the defeat at the Battle of the Trident, her pregnant mother and brother, Viserys, were sent from King's Landing to Dragonstone for safekeeping, the family ancestral seat.
Daenerys was born as a fierce storm struck Dragonstone, and so was called Stormborn. Her mother died as a result of the labor. By that time the war was lost, Robert Baratheon had claimed the throne, all of her family dead, but her and her older brother, Viserys. The garrison at Dragonstone decided to surrender and turn them over to the rebels for their lives, but before they could act on this plan, Ser Willem Darry Darry and several other loyal retainers rescued the children and smuggled them into the Free City of Braavos. Read more....
Did you know...
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 10, Jon.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 24, Bran.
- ↑ In the Appendix of A Clash of Kings Aegon and Rhaenys are mentionned as children of Rhaegar and Elia. Oberyn is mentionned as brother of Elia. In the Appendix of A Feast for Crows the Sand Snakes are described as daughters of Oberyn
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 8, Jaime.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.