From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Arya Stark is the youngest daughter and third born child of Lord Eddard Stark and Lady Catelyn Tully. She has five siblings: brothers Robb, Bran and Rickon, sister Sansa, and half-brother Jon Snow. Like her siblings, Arya takes care of a direwolf pup, whom she names Nymeria, after the great warrior queen of the Rhoynar.
At the age of nine, Arya moves with her father and sister to King's Landing. Training under Syrio Forel to learn swordsmanship, Arya owns her own blade, Needle, a gift from Jon. When her father is arrested, she flees the Lannisters, using all her training had taught her. Arya escapes King's Landing and starts the journey north, hoping to reach the rest of her family at Winterfell. The riverlands, which she needs to cross first, are heavily involved in the War of the Five Kings, and Arya finds herself captured several times. Witnessing the harsh situations in the war-torn riverlands, Arya's fierce personality leads to her making a "death list", which she calls a prayer. She always ends the prayer with the phrase valar morghulis.
Arya is thusfar the only character to have a POV in every book, and author George R.R. Martin has stated that he could write an entire novel on Arya's adventures alone. Read more...
- "You feed your dog bones under the table, you do not seat him beside you on the high bench." – Tywin Lannister 
- "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger." – Aeron Damphair 
- "Laws are a tedious business and counting coppers is worse." – Robert Baratheon 
Did you know...
- The ancient books of Asshai prophesy the return of Azor Ahai, following a long summer marked by bleeding stars?
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 4, Eddard I, 41.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 21, Jaime III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon V.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.