Robert's Rebellion, also known as the War of the Usurper, was a rebellion against House Targaryen, instigated by the disappearance of Lyanna Stark. Her brother Brandon heard that she had been kidnapped by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, and went to King's Landing to demand her return. He was arrested, and executed along with his father and their traveling companions on the orders of King Aerys II. Aerys then commanded Jon Arryn to send him the heads of his two wards, Robert Baratheon, Lyanna's betrothed, and Eddard Stark, Brandon's younger brother, and now the Lord of Winterfell. Jon Arryn refused, and raised his banners instead.
This lead to a war which lasted close to a year. The result was the end of the Targaryen Dynasty, and the beginning of Robert Baratheons reign. The war included several major battles, amongst which the Battle of the Bells, the Battle of the Trident, and the Sack of King's Landing. Read more....
- "My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." – Tyrion Lannister 
- "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." – Eddard Stark 
- "There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man." – Varys 
Did you know...
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 24, Bran.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 22, Arya.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 58, Eddard, 556.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 60, Sansa.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 26, Jon.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.