Robert's Rebellion, also known as the War of the Usurper, was a rebellion against House Targaryen, instigated by the disappearance of Lyanna Stark. Her brother Brandon heard that she had been kidnapped by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, and went to King's Landing to demand her return. He was arrested, and executed along with his father and their traveling companions on the orders of King Aerys II. Aerys then commanded Jon Arryn to send him the heads of his two wards, Robert Baratheon, Lyanna's betrothed, and Eddard Stark, Brandon's younger brother, and now the Lord of Winterfell. Jon Arryn refused, and raised his banners instead.
This lead to a war which lasted close to a year. The result was the end of the Targaryen dynasty, and the beginning of Robert Baratheon's reign. The war included several major battles, including the Battle of the Bells, the Battle of the Trident, and the Sack of King's Landing. Read more....
- "You tell him this, m'lord. You tell him he's bound on marching the wrong way. It's north he should be taking his swords. North, not south. You hear me?" – Osha, to Bran, regarding Robb. 
- "A man must know how to look before he can hope to see." – Three-eyed crow to Bran Stark 
- "We're children. We're supposed to be childish." – Myrcella Baratheon 
Did you know...
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 53, Bran.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 34, Bran.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa, 29.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 60, Sansa.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 26, Jon.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.