Robert's Rebellion, also known as the War of the Usurper, was a rebellion against House Targaryen, instigated by the disappearance of Lyanna Stark. Her brother Brandon heard that she had been kidnapped by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, and went to King's Landing to demand her return. He was arrested, and executed along with his father and their traveling companions on the orders of King Aerys II. Aerys then commanded Jon Arryn to send him the heads of his two wards, Robert Baratheon, Lyanna's betrothed, and Eddard Stark, Brandon's younger brother, and now the Lord of Winterfell. Jon Arryn refused, and raised his banners instead.
This led to a war which lasted close to a year. The result was the end of the Targaryen dynasty, and the beginning of Robert Baratheon's reign. The war included several major battles, including the Battle of the Bells, the Battle of the Trident, and the Sack of King's Landing. Read more....
Did you know...
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 61, Tyrion XIV, 508.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 68, Sansa VI.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 53, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 8, Tyrion III.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 So Spake Martin: Amazon Omniblog Interview (January 11, 2012)
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 57, Tyrion XI.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Baelor I.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.