Jaime Lannister, known as the Kingslayer, is the second child and first-born son of Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock and his wife Lady Joanna. Raised to the Kingsguard of the Mad King Aerys Targaryen at the age of fifteen, Jaime was the youngest member of the order in history. He earned his nickname when he slew King Aerys at the end of Robert's Rebellion. For most of their lives, Jaime has participated in an incestuous relationship with his twin sister Cersei. He has fathered three children by her: Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen, though the realm believes their father to be Cersei's husband, King Robert.
After a confrontation with Eddard Stark Jaime flees the capital. Shortly after he invades the Riverlands at the head of a Lannister army. He gains a few victories but is taken unaware by Robb Stark who defeats and captures him. He is imprisoned in Riverrun, where he remains a captive for a year. In A Storm of Swords Jaime becomes a POV Character. Read more.
- "You may well have the better claim, but I have the larger army." – Renly Baratheon 
- "You know the saying about the Hand?" – Robert Baratheon
"What the King dreams, the Hand builds." – Eddard Stark
"I bedded a fishmaid once who told me the lowborn have a choicer way to put it. The king eats, they say and the Hand takes the shit." – Robert 
Did you know...
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 15, Jon, 142.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 26, Jon, 242–244.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 4, Eddard.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 32, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 53, Jon.
- ↑ 282AC
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.