Arya Stark is the youngest daughter, and third born child of Lord Eddard Stark and Lady Catelyn Tully. She has five siblings: brothers Robb, Bran and Rickon, sister Sansa, and half-brother Jon Snow. Like her siblings, she took the care of a direwolf-pup: Nymeria.
At the age of nine, Arya moved with her father and sister to King's Landing. Training under Syrio Forel to learn swordsmanship, Arya owns her own blade, Needle. When her father got arrested, she fled the Lannisters, using all her training had taught her. Arya escapes King's Landing and starts the journey north, hoping to reach the rest of her family at Winterfell. The Riverlands, which she needs to cross first, are heavily involved in war, and Arya finds herself captured several times.
Having witnessed the execution of her father, and later witnessing the harsh situations in the war-torn Riverlands, Arya's fierce personality leads to her making a "death list", which she calls a prayer. She alway ends the prayer with the sentence Valar Morghulis.
- "I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." – Jaime Lannister 
- "Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens." – Tywin Lannister 
- "There are no men like me. There's only me." – Jaime Lannister 
Did you know...
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 55, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 4, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 21, page 197, Jaime
- ↑ The Citadel. "The Great Bastards." (December 26, 2005) So Spake Martin
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.