Tyrion Lannister is the third and youngest child of Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock and his wife Lady Joanna. Tyrion is an ugly and misshapen dwarf, and because of this he is sometimes mockingly called the Imp and the Halfman. Despite his deformation and the social stigma that comes with it, Tyrion's wit and intelligence prove to be great assets to the Lannister cause. However, a difficult relationship with his father, as well as with his sister Queen Cersei, prove central obstacles to him and his ambitions. Thanks to the War of the Five Kings, Tyrion rises high, acting as Hand of the King to King Joffrey, but he reaches his zenith at the Battle of the Blackwater where he suffers a nearly mortal wound that leaves him disfigured and pushed out of power.
Tyrion is one of the most distinctive and predominant POVs in the series, often cited by George R.R. Martin as his favorite character. Read more
- “Men are such faithless creatures.” – Varys
“Who’s the traitor today?” – Tyrion Lannister
“So much villainy, it sings a sad song for our age. Did honor die with our fathers?” – Varys
“My father is not dead yet.” – Tyrion 
- "No man is free. Only children and fools think elsewise." – Tywin Lannister 
- "If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die." – Eddard Stark to Bran 
Did you know...
- Princess Rhaenys Targaryen named her little black kitten Balerion?
- The dwarf woman, Penny, and her brother Oppo make their living as entertainers who ride atop a pig (Pretty Pig) and a dog (Crunch) while mock fighting each other as Groat and Penny after the two smallest coins.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 49, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 8, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 1, Bran, 13.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 40, Princess In The Tower.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 58, Eddard.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 40, Tyrion.
About the Wiki
Ten sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.