|House Crane of Red Lake|
|Coat of arms|| A vee of golden cranes on pale blue|
(Bleu celeste, cranes in chevron or)
|Founder||Rose of Red Lake|
A Clash of Kings
The banners of House Crane are seen beneath the walls of Bitterbridge in Renly Baratheon's encampment. Ser Parmen Crane, known as Parmen the Purple, is a member of Renly's Rainbow Guard. After Renly's death, Parmen joins Stannis Baratheon's cause. His new king sends him to Bitterbridge with Ser Erren Florent to retrieve Renly's foot soldiers.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
House Crane at the end of the third century
The known Cranes during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
- Ser Parmen Crane, known as Parmen the Purple.
- Lady Melara Crane, wife of Lord Alester Florent.
- Ser Rycherd Crane, husband of Rylene Florent.
- Meredyth Crane, a lady attendant of Queen Margaery Tyrell.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ Only the cranes are mentioned as sigil in A Clash of Kings
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Gardener Kings.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 16, Sansa II.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 28, Sansa III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 25, Davos III.