From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Oakheart of Old Oak|
|Coat of arms || Or, three oak leaves vert|
|Words || Our Roots Go Deep|
|Seat || Old Oak|
|Current Lord || Lady Arwyn Oakheart|
|Region || the Reach|
|Overlord || House Tyrell|
House Oakheart of Old Oak is an old and powerful family from the Reach. They are among the noble houses from the Reach that can trace their descent from Garth Greenhand. As part of the longstanding rivalry between the Reach and Dorne, Oakhearts have fought Dornishmen extensively.
Their arms are three green oak leaves on gold. According to semi-canon sources their motto is "Our Roots Go Deep".
The Oakheart House at the end of the third century
The known Oakhearts during the timespan of the events described on A Song of Ice and Fire are:
Maester Omer, counselor, healer, and tutor. Formerly of House Florent.
References in the books
Dunk and Egg
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Ser Arys was named to Robert's Kingsguard in 290 AL.
- Lady Arwyn followed Mace Tyrell in raising her banners for King Renly, and was part of his war councils.
- The Oakheart leaf was seen north of the Mander after Renly's death and the surrender of Storm's End.
- Arys objected to Joffrey I when he ordered him to hit Sansa. Although he eventually did hit her, he didn't do it hard.
- Arys was sent to Dorne with Princess Myrcella as her sworn shield.
- Arys was seduced by Arianne Martell and conspired with her to crown Myrcella. He was killed by Areo Hotah when discovered, preferring death to disgrace.
References and Notes