The petty kings of House Oakheart joined the Kingdom of the Reach, the realm of King Garth III Gardener, through a pact of friendship and mutual defense. Lancel I Lannister, a King of the Rock, conquered as far south as Old Oak before being killed in combat, and his gains were lost by his son, King Loreon III Lannister.
There are tapestries at Old Oak that show historical conflicts between the Oakhearts and Dornishmen. According to Maester Yandel, the Wyl of Wyl committed infamous deeds during the First Dornish War which are still remembered, especially in Fawnton and Old Oak, though he does not go into detail.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Map of the South
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the South
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Gardener Kings.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Dorne Against the Dragons.