The Honeywine is a large river in the Reach. Beginning near Brightwater Keep, it flows south and is joined by a tributary at Honeyholt, then continues south to Oldtown where it is joined by a tributary originating to the east by Uplands. It then flows into Whispering Sound at southern Oldtown. The Honeywine is the agricultural capital of the Reach.
Guildhalls line the western banks of the Honeywine in Oldtown, while the Citadel spreads across both sides. Downstream are the Starry Sept and manses. The Seven Shrines and their gardens are also located near the Honeywine. The Quill and Tankard is located on an island in the river, while the Ravenry is found on another. A river road runs alongside the slow-moving Honeywine through the heart of the city.
References and Notes
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Honeywine.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 45, Samwell V.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach: Oldtown.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.