From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
The Arbor is an island off the southwestern-most part of Westeros, ruled by House Redwyne. It is considered part of the Reach, and is separated from the mainland by the Redwyne Straits. The port town of Ryamsport is located on the Arbor, as well as the settlements of Vinetown and Starfish Harbor.
Smaller islands in the vicinity of the Arbor include Stonecrab Cay, the Isle of Pigs, the Mermaid's Palace, Horseshoe Rock, and Bastard's Cradle. The Arbor and its surrounding isles are an excellent center for shipbuilding.
The Arbor is known for making the best wine in Westeros, especially a terrific red one and a gold wine. Wine from the Arbor is usually sweeter than wine from Dorne. Tourneys held at the Arbor are restricted to knights.
A Feast for Crows
The Arbor is attacked by the ironborn after the fall of the Shield Islands. Most of the Redwyne fleet is away at the Siege of Dragonstone, and the small fleet left to defend the island is overwhelmed and destroyed. This allows the ironborn to send their ships into the Whispering Sound and threaten Oldtown.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A World of Ice and Fire
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 45, Samwell.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 40, Daenerys.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 25, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire sample
- ↑ The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 70, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 36, Cersei.