Orkmont is one of the islands that make up the island chain called the Iron Islands. Orkmont is centrally located, with Blacktyde to the north, Harlaw to the southeast, Pyke to the south, and Old Wyk and Great Wyk to the west.
Rugged and mountainous Orkmont is rich in ore. It was once covered in forest but the timber was used extensively for shipbuilding.
Orkmont is the site of the seats of House Orkwood and House Tawney. The island also has a cadet branch of House Goodbrother. The extinct houses Greyiron and Hoare, both of which once ruled the Iron Islands, came from Orkmont.
References and Notes
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Map of the Iron Islands
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses on the Iron Islands
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Driftwood Crowns.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Black Blood.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Greyjoys of Pyke.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Old Way and the New.