Fair Isle is an island in the Sunset Sea, separated from the rest of the westerlands by the Straits of Fair Isle. The island is controlled by House Farman, whose seat Faircastle sits on it. The Crag is northeast of Fair Isle, while a peninsula containing Kayce and Feastfires is south of the island.
During the Age of Heroes the Farman kings used their longships to guard Fair Isle and the west coast of Westeros against reavers from the nearby Iron Islands. Fair Isle was added to the Kingdom of the Rock when Tommen I Lannister raised a great fleet and married the last Farman king's daughter. At some point Gylbert Farman successfully led the smallfolk of Fair Isle in rebellion against the ironborn driftwood kings. King Erich V Harlaw eventually reconquered the island, but lost it when he grew old.
A Dance with Dragons
References and Notes
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Driftwood Crowns.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, Aegon III.
- ↑ The World of Ice and Fire, The Red Kraken.
- ↑ The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon.