Crakehall or Crakehall Castle is the seat of House Crakehall in the southwestern westerlands. It is located on the Searoad along the Sunset Sea, south of Lannisport and north of Old Oak. Cornfield and Red Lake are east of Crakehall. There is a large forest in the vicinity of the castle.
When the Faith Militant uprising began in 41 AC, Prince Aegon Targaryen and his sister, Princess Rhaena, took shelter at Crakehall. Once Aenys I Targaryen learned that his children were besieged by thousands of Poor Fellows, the king collapsed at Dragonstone and died at three days later. Aegon and Rhaena eventually departed for Casterly Rock after most of the Poor Fellows left to join Ser Horys Hill.
Prince Oberyn Martell and his sister, Princess Elia, visited Crakehall on their way to Casterly Rock, where their mother attempted to broker their marriages to the Lannister twins, Cersei and Jaime. Merrett Frey and Jaime were both squires at Crakehall.
- A Feast for Crows, Map of the Iron Islands
- The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- Fire & Blood, Three Heads Had the Dragon - Governance Under King Aegon I.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aenys I.
- Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 70, Tyrion X.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.