The Tumblestone is a river in the westerlands and the riverlands. After beginning in the western hills, it flows east into the Red Fork of the Trident. Riverrun sits at the spot where the Tumblestone meets the Trident. A swift river, the Tumblestone is much deeper than the Red Fork. The nearest ford is miles upriver from Riverrun.
A Game of Thrones
Ser Jaime Lannister establishes three camps during his siege of Riverrun. During the Battle of the Camps, the Lannister camp on the northern shore of the Tumblestone is attacked by Ser Brynden Tully. Lord Andros Brax drowns while trying to cross the river to aid the Lannister camp.
References and Notes
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Tumblestone.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 3, Arya I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, House Tully.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.