Stone Hedge, sometimes called the Stone Hedge, is the seat of House Bracken in the riverlands. There is a village surrounding it.
Stone Hedge is located south of the Red Fork and the Inn of the Kneeling Man, north of High Heart and Acorn Hall, and east of Riverrun. Blackwood Vale, home to the Brackens' rivals from House Blackwood, is located across the Red Fork to the north.
When Lord Lothar Bracken rebelled against King Harwyn Hoare, the ironborn sacked Stone Hedge and starved Lothar in a crow cage.
Early in the Dance of the Dragons, Stone Hedge was taken by Prince Daemon Targaryen and the Blackwoods after the Battle of the Burning Mill, with Daemon using Harrenhal as a base of operations.
Although born in King's Landing, Aegor Rivers was raised at Stone Hedge, the ancestral home of his mother, Barba Bracken.
A Game of Thrones
After the onset of the War of the Five Kings, Stone Hedge is burned by Ser Gregor Clegane.
A Clash of Kings
After Robb Stark is proclaimed king, Lord Jonos Bracken returns to retake Stone Hedge from House Lannister. He is injured and his nephew Hendry is killed.
A Dance with Dragons
Jonos tells Ser Jaime Lannister that Gregor and the Mountain's men killed his natural son, Harry Rivers, and his nephew, Hendry Bracken, and that Gregor raped one of his daughters.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands map.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ A Song of Ice and Fire Campaign Guide
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Westeros map.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Aegon II.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Nine Mistresses of Aegon IV, the Unworthy.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 1, Jaime I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 48, Jaime I.