The Storm King Arrec Durrandon was defeated in a battle at Fairmarket by King Harwyn Hoare, allowing Harwyn to conquer the riverlands from the stormlands. Harwyn's son, King Halleck Hoare, made his seat a modest tower house at Fairmarket. Halleck's son, King Harren Hoare, desired a grander seat and constructed Harrenhal.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Lord Lucias Vypren tracks a band of outlaws who may have been involved in the hanging of Merrett Frey to Fairmarket but lost them there. Ser Ryman Frey and his party are attacked and killed two leagues south of Fairmarket.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Black Blood.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.