Fairmarket is a town in the riverlands on the Blue Fork of the Trident. It is located mostly on the southern shore of the Blue Fork, but it has a wooden bridge that spans the river.
The river kings of old refused charters which would have allowed towns like Lord Harroway's Town, Saltpans, and Fairmarket to expand and potentially become cities.
Pate of Fairmarket was a peasant who unsuccessfully claimed to be a river king after the region was conquered by the Storm Kings of House Durrandon.
The Storm King Arrec Durrandon was defeated in a battle at Fairmarket by King Harwyn Hoare, allowing Harwyn to conquer the riverlands from the stormlands. Harwyn's son, King Halleck Hoare, made his seat a modest tower house at Fairmarket. Halleck's son, King Harren Hoare, desired a grander seat and constructed Harrenhal.
Widow Fairs were held at Fairmarket after the Dance of the Dragons.
Prince Aegon Targaryen met one of his mistresses, Megette, after his horse threw a shoe while riding near Fairmarket in 155 AC.
A Storm of Swords
King Robb Stark sends scouts to Fairmarket to see if he can cross the Blue Fork there, but the wooden bridge is washed away from heavy rainfall and flooding.
A Feast for Crows
Lord Lucias Vypren tracks a band of outlaws who may have been involved in the hanging of Merrett Frey to Fairmarket but lost them there. Ser Ryman Frey and his party are attacked and killed two leagues south of Fairmarket.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Black Blood.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.