Pinkmaiden Castle, also known simply as Pinkmaiden, is the seat of House Piper in the southwestern riverlands. The castle is located on the Red Fork south of Riverrun, southeast of Acorn Hall, northwest of Stoney Sept, and northeast of Hornvale.
Supporters of Prince Aegon Targaryen gathered at Pinkmaiden Castle prior to the Battle Beneath the Gods Eye. After Aegon's death, Rhaena Targaryen flew on Dreamfyre from Pinkmaiden to the westerlands to escape King Maegor I Targaryen. Rhaena briefly returned to Pinkmaiden during the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen. The king visited Pinkmaiden atop Vermithor in 53 AC.
Quellon Greyjoy, Lord of the Iron Islands, was married to his third wife, a daughter of Lord Piper, by a septon in Pinkmaiden's hall.
A Game of Thrones
Ser Kevan Lannister states the Pipers were burnt out by Ser Gregor Clegane.
A Storm of Swords
Several high-born captives, such as Ser Lyle Crakehall and Lord Antario Jast, are held at Pinkmaiden Castle during the War of the Five Kings.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Pinkmaiden.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Old Way and the New.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.