|House Piper of Pinkmaiden|
|Coat of arms|| A pink dancing maiden in a swirl of white silk, on a blue field|
(Azure, a maiden dancing proper enwrapped with silk argent)
|Words||Brave and Beautiful|
|Current Lord||Clement Piper|
|Overlord|| House Tully (AGOT)|
House Baelish (ADWD)
An unnamed daughter of Lord Piper was the third wife of Lord Quellon Greyjoy. They had one son, Robin Greyjoy. When her stepson, Urrigon Greyjoy, lost half his hand during the finger dance, she had her maester try to sew back the missing fingers, instead of sealing the wound with fire and seawater. The wound became infected, however, and Urrigon died. She later died in childbirth.
A Game of Thrones
Ser Edmure Tully commands Lord Vance and Lord Clement Piper to guard the pass below the Golden Tooth when the Lannisters start to mass troops there. Ser Marq Piper goes to King's Landing with Ser Karyl Vance and Ser Raymun Darry to report to King Robert I Baratheon the attacks of Ser Gregor Clegane on undefended holdfasts in the riverlands. They and the survivors of Sherrer give witness before the Hand of the King, Lord Eddard Stark.
The Lannister troops at the Golden Tooth descend on the riverlands, slaying Lord Vance and forcing Lord Piper to flee. Gregor burns out the Pipers during his raiding of the riverlands. Marq Piper, accompanied by Karyl Vance and no more than fifty men, raid the supply trains to the Lannister army in the riverlands.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
Marq travels to the Twins for the wedding of his friend Edmure, now Lord of Riverrun. Marq is accompanied by five knights and twenty men-at-arms; the knights are cousins and nephews of Lord Clement. Marq is captured by the Freys at the Red Wedding, however, and the fates of the other Piper men are unknown. Clement sends a troop of men to King's Landing to bend the knee after the Red Wedding. They spread the news south of what had happened at the Twins.
Sandor Clegane and Arya Stark encounter a severely-injured survivor of the Red Wedding, a bowman in service to Marq, while they travel from the Twins to the Mountains of the Moon. The archer had celebrated with a Bolton man who attacked him when the time came to begin the Red Wedding. Sandor puts him out of his misery.
A Feast for Crows
Lewys Piper is named one of Ser Jaime Lannister's squires on the ride north to Riverrun. Jaime spots the banner of House Piper among those of the river lords who have bent the knee and now aid House Lannister in the siege of Riverrun. Lord Clement sits on the war council of the forces besieging Riverrun. Jaime orders Edwyn Frey to send word to the Twins, demanding that the crown requires all hostages taken at the Red Wedding from Lord Walder - among them Marq Piper and other Piper cousins and nephews.
House Piper at the end of the third century
The known Pipers during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Clement Piper, Lord of Pinkmaiden Castle.
With unknown familiar relation to the head of the house:
- An unnamed Lady of House Piper was the third wife of Quellon Greyjoy. She was big-breasted, with brown eyes.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 65, Arya XII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- The Citadel. House Mottoes
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: The Old Way and the New.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 30, Eddard VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 40, Catelyn VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard XI.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 62, Jaime VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.