|House Roote of Lord Harroway's Town|
|Coat of arms||
A brown double-headed horse on a field of wavy green and green|
(Wavy vert and vert, a horse bicapitated brunâtre)
|Seat||Lord Harroway's Town|
House Tully (AGOT)|
House Baelish (ADWD)
House Roote of Lord Harroway's Town is a noble house from Harroway in the riverlands. According to semi-canon sources, they blazon their arms with a two-headed horse, brown, on a field of wavy green and green. They may have taken their sigil from Old King Andahar, as the ferry boat at Harroway is referred to as the king's two-headed water horse.
House Roote had acquired Lord Harroway's Town by the start of the Dance of the Dragons, and they supported Rhaenyra Targaryen during the civil war. The Rootes helped to capture Stone Hedge, but Ser Criston Cole later defeated Lord Roote, Lord Darry, and Ser Oswald Wode along the Gods Eye and Prince Aemond Targaryen burned Harroway with Vhagar.
A Storm of Swords
Feast for Crows
House Roote at the end of the third century
The known Rootes during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Richard Roote, one of the first members of the Kingsguard.
- Lord Roote, a supporter of Prince Aegon the Uncrowned.
- Lord Roote, a supporter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen during the Dance of the Dragons.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 47, Arya IX.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aegon I.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.