|House Harroway of Harrenhal|
|Coat of arms|| Per bend sinister orange and sable rayonné, a castle counterchanged|
(Per bend sinister rayonné tenné and sable, a castle counterchanged)
|Title||Lord of Harrenhal|
|Died out||44 AC|
House Harroway of Harrenhal is an extinct noble house from Harrenhal in the riverlands. According to semi-canon sources they blazoned their arms with per bend sinister orange and black rayonne, a castle counterchanged. Lord Harroway's Town is named after a former lord of the house.
House Harroway was the third noble house to rule Harrenhal, receiving the title and lands after the extinction of House Qoherys. The Harroways supported King Maegor I Targaryen in the Battle Beneath the Gods Eye. Maegor married Alys Harroway in 39 AC.
House Harroway was wiped out by Maegor the Cruel in 44 AC after Alys gave birth to a monstrosity. Lady Tyanna convinced him it proved Alys's infidelity, so the king executed every Harroway he could find.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
- Lord Lucas Harroway, Lord of Harrenhal and Hand of the King.
References and Notes
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 47, Arya IX.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aenys I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Meagor I.