|Coat of arms|| A black toad on white lily pad, on a green field|
(Vert, a toad sable atop a lilypad argent)
|Current Lord||Lucias Vypren|
|Heir||Ser Damon Vypren|
|Overlord|| House Tully (AGOT)|
House Baelish (ADWD)
House Vypren is a noble house of the riverlands. Neither their arms nor their motto has appeared in the books. According to semi-canon sources, they blazon their arms with a black toad on white lily pad, on green.
During the Andal invasion of the riverlands, the Andal warlord Vorian Vypren and his knights were held at bay at the Widow's Ford for a day and a night by three sons of Lord Darry before finally slaying the Darrys.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Lucias Vypren is married to Lythene Frey, the daughter of Lord Walder Frey and his third wife, Amarei Crakehall. Lucias and his son, Ser Damon, attend the wedding at the Twins of Lord Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey, which becomes the Red Wedding.
A Feast for Crows
House Vypren at the end of the third century
The known Vyprens during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Lucias Vypren, the head of the house.
References and Notes
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.