- Essos: Separated from Westeros by the Narrow Sea, Essos extends eastwards for many thousands of miles. It is larger than Westeros but less densely populated. The western edge of the continent is controlled by the nine Free Cities, whilst the city-states of Slaver's Bay are located in the south-central region. Much of the continental interior known as the Dothraki Sea is ruled by the tribal warriors known as the Dothraki. Further east is Qarth and the fabled Jade Sea. The far eastern coast of Essos is unexplored, as it lies beyond legendary Asshai and the forbidding Shadow Lands.
Regions: Free Cities · Slaver's Bay · Dothraki Sea · Red Waste · Valyrian peninsula · Other.
- Sothoryos: Relatively little known, Sothoryos is located south of Essos, on the far side of the Summer Sea. It is a large continent consisting of deserts and jungles. It is said to be a haven for plagues and dangerous animals, and has not been explored much beyond the northern coastal regions.
Regions: Naath · Isle of Tears · Basilisk Point
- Beyond The Wall - aDwD, aSoS
- The North - aDwD, aFfC, aSoS, aCoK, aGoT.
- The South - aDwD, aFfC, aSoS, aCoK, aGoT.
- Iron Islands - aFfC
- King's Landing - aFfC
- The Free Cities - aDwD
- Valyria & Slaver's Bay- aDwD, aSoS
Regions of Westeros
Topography and locations
Seas, bays, islands and archipelagoes: