Art by Denkata5698
Lord of Wayfarer's Rest
|Allegiance||House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest|
|Born||At Wayfarer's Rest|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (appears)|
A Clash of Kings (mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (appears)
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (appendix)
A Game of Thrones
Ser Karyl is sent to King's Landing with Ser Marq Piper and Ser Raymun Darry to receive King Robert I Baratheon's permission to hunt down the Lannister men who had been raiding the riverlands. Lord Eddard Stark, Hand of the King, agrees and sends a party to arrest Ser Gregor Clegane.
Karyl becomes Lord of Wayfarer's Rest after the death of his father in the battle in the hills below the Golden Tooth. Karyl and Marq raid the westermen across the Red Fork of the Trident. The new Lord Karyl is in the list of nobles King Joffrey I Baratheon declares must do him homage or be named traitors to the realm. Karyl and Marq instead bring the young Lord Lyman Darry to Riverrun, where Robb Stark is declared King in the North by northmen and rivermen.
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Lord Karyl bent the knee after the Red Wedding. He is one of the reluctant river lords who join with House Lannister in the siege of Riverrun, and he participates in Ser Jaime Lannister's war council. Once Riverrun surrenders, Karyl advises Jaime to resolve the siege of Raventree.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Karyl Vance.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 38, Jaime VI.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard XI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 57, Sansa V.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 35, Catelyn IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.