From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Alias|| The Lightning Lord|
The Lord of Corpses
|Title||Lord of Blackhaven|
|Allegiance|| House Dondarrion|
Brotherhood Without Banners
|Born||In +/- 276AL|
|Died||In 300AL (His seventh & final death), at the Riverlands|
|Book(s)|| A Game of Thrones (Appears)|
A Clash of Kings (Mentioned)
A Storm of Swords (Appears)
A Feast for Crows (Mentioned)
A Dance with Dragons (Mentioned)
|Played by|| David Michael Scott (extra)|
Richard Dormer (Season 3)
|TV series||Season 1 | Season 3|
Beric Dondarrion was Lord of Blackhaven. He became the leader of the Brotherhood Without Banners after he was sent out to the Riverlands by Eddard Stark to bring the king's justice to Ser Gregor Clegane. He is also known as the Lightning Lord. He is almost twenty-two years old. He is betrothed to Lady Allyria Dayne.
A Game of Thrones
He comes to King's Landing to fight in the Tourney of the Hand celebrating Eddard Stark's appointment as Hand of the King. During the tournament, he loses a horse in a tilt with a hedge knight and is unhorsed by Thoros of Myr shortly thereafter. After the conclusion of the tournament, he remains in King's Landing. This leads to Eddard Stark appointing him leader of an expedition to arrest Ser Gregor Clegane, who has been raiding the Riverlands after the capture of Tyrion Lannister.
Beric is killed for the first time in the Battle at the Mummer's Ford, impaled by Gregor Clegane's lance while his squire Edric Dayne tries to defend him. By the time that Robb Stark and his allies are fighting the Lannister armies near the Trident, Beric's group is continually raiding the Lannisters' foraging parties.
A Clash of Kings
Rumors have Beric as missing or perhaps dead. Yet, he is still raiding the Lannister foraging parties and Ser Gregor Clegane's group is actively seeking him, as are Tywin Lannister's forces stationed at Harrenhal. His group meets smallfolk plagued by the ravage of Lannister forces but does not trouble them, and attempts to pay for the food they take.
A Storm of Swords
It is revealed that, after he was slain by Ser Gregor Clegane in the Battle at the Mummer's Ford, he was resurrected by Thoros of Myr and became the leader of the outlaw band, the Brotherhood Without Banners. He was killed several more times, but was repeatedly brought back to life, each time with fewer memories of his life before the war. He was captured near the Gods Eye and hanged by Lannisters, but was cut down before he could die. He was slain by Ser Burton Crakehall, hung by Ser Amory Lorch at Rushing Falls. Ser Gregor put a dirk through his eye and Sandor Clegane kills him during his trial by battle. By the end, Beric becomes a scarecrow of a man, his battered body bearing all the wounds of his previous deaths.
The Seven Deaths of Dondarrion
- Impaled on a lance by Ser Gregor Clegane
- Smashed with a mace on the side of the head by Ser Burton Crakehall
- Hanged at Rushing Falls by Ser Amory Lorch
- Stabbed in the eye with a dirk by Ser Gregor Clegane
- Killed by an archer of the Brave Companions sellsword company
- Killed by Sandor Clegane in a trial by combat
- Gave up his lifeforce to resurrect Catelyn Tully
References and Notes
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 44, Sansa.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 43, Arya.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 27, Eddard.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 29, Sansa.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 43, Eddard.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 55, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Prologue
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 19, Arya.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 26, Arya.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 39, Arya.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 34, Arya.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 42, Brienne.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 30, Arya.